Monday, May 24, 2004

Great Friends



Are you busy next coming Sunday(23rd)?
I have a plan to take Joanna and her friends to Kamakura (the city in
Kanagawa prefecture, famous for Big Buddha and beautiful scene) and my
place on the next coming Sunday. If you like, Could you join us?

Shuichi-san, one of my bestfriends, wrote. I think I never say no to him because he always says yes too to me. then, I went to Kamakura for the second time with him, joanna and her polish friends: anka and pavel.
last december shuichi-san had an internship in poland. I remember that he was so confuse to chose whether he would go or not. the one and the only reason was he just had a baby (takuto-chan) for a month. after some considerations, he went for 2 months.
Joanna, our nicole kidman-look-like-friend, introduced him several polish friends. and one of them now in tokyo with his wife.
I also remember when he wrote that he enjoyed his time with new polish friends and he promised to take care of them when they come to japan. indeed, he did it!
after picked us up, we went to kamakura by his new car (toyota noah) and we were so impressed with its GPS and monitoring system, amazing! well, we just visited daibutsu (budha statue, the tallest in japan, 11.4 metres-850 tonnes), haciman-gu shrine and hasedera temple. we note that shrine is for shinto while temple is for budhist.
15.30 he asked us to come back to saitama to meet his family and we reached the restaurant at 17.30. his complete family greeted us in japanese traditional restaurant. it`s really beautiful resto with japanese zen garden inside, kireina...
the food itself were great. it was really a big dinner. I noticed there were 8 courses! we thought after the third courses it would be finished. but the kimono girl delivered food again and again! wauoww...the biggest dinner we ever had during our stay here, and that time would be remembered all the rest of ourlives!
after coming to parents in law`s home we had little japanese tea ceremony by shuichi`s mother in law. and the surprise time wasn`t enough. they still gave us beautiful obi (a part of kimono) and japanese tea set! we don`t know how to appreciate their hospitality. speechless. but at this moment we just want to say doumou arigatou gozaimasu...


|